Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Just in the process of completing a new pool install. It's a 32x16 salt water pool, steel wall/vinyl, about 3.5 feet deep to 5 feet deep. I also have a wall that will have three 3 foot waterfalls spouting out of a 32 foot wall (see 3D rendering), 2 basic lights in the pool itself and a coverstar safety cover. Equipment will be in a cabana.

I'm thinking of doing two pumps, one for the main pool (possibly a variable speed pump) and a single basic speed pump for the waterfall.

Looking for advice on the controller I should be considering. Pool was originally priced with the PS4 before we decided to go with the waterfalls. Now the guy is recommend to go with a PS8 or "even better" the Omnilogic system.

Wondering if the Omnilogic is overkill given the only automation is the waterfall feature and 2 lights? I'm not opposed to it at all and while $2k isn't "nothing", it is pretty small in the context of the overall project (which keeps skyrocketing in other areas as usual!).

If I go with the PS8, would that mean that whenever we have to turn on/off the lights and waterfeature that we'd have to go into the cabana to do so sort of thing vs doing it on a phone/tablet with the Omni logic system?

Also, just seeing an "Aqua Connect" system which looks like it can be used with the PS8? How does that differ from the Omnilogic? Confused with all these options! :)

Bear with me, I'm sure there will be more "Confused" questions when the pool is up and running!!! First time pool owner!

Pool.jpg

i do not have any experience with Hayward automation.

A quick look at their website appears the Aquaconnect will do what you want. Are you planning to use a SWCG? Without Aquaconnect or Omnilogic you would have to go to the control panel to make changes.

Try studying their website.

I have Pentair Easytouch. For remote you add ScreenLogic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.