Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello!

These boards have helped me tremendously so thought I would reach out with my most recent numbers. I had these checked at the pool store today, my kit comes on Monday. I am starting to get most numbers in range but my CC is high. The pool store told me to add an oxidizing product. From my reading on here, I believe I need to SLAM it. Just want to make sure I am heading down the right path. Also, what would be causing this number to be high?

Here are my numbers from this morning:
pH: 7.6
Alk: 122
CyA: 51
FAC: 3.4
TAC: 6.1
CH: 270
SALT: 3269

I would bump up your chlorine to be in range for CYA of 60, so FC of 6-8, by using liquid chlorine. Then just wait until Monday when you get your test kid, and post a full set of results.

Nikki,

I would do nothing your pool store told you to do.

Add 1 gal of 10% or 12% Liquid chlorine tomorrow and wait until you new kit arrives. (This will get you FC up to about 10 ppm

See if your kit numbers match what the pool store shows.

Is your SWCG running? If so how many hours per day and at what output percentage?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
Yes, it’s running. The builder set it up for the pump to run 24hrs a day and the output on the SWG is currently set at 50%.
An IC40 with your size pool @ 50% should crank out FC of 6 every 24 hours. My guess is that algae is eating up your chlorine, but wait until your real kit gets here and we can steer you in the right direction.

For reference, I have an IC40 and the same size pool as yours, plus much warmer and mine is only set at 20% right now at 24 hours a day.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Oh man….we are out of town for the weekend so I’ll test when my kit comes and post the results. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi guys! Finally got my test kit and just got a first set of numbers…not sure I trust myself. They are a lot different than the pool store. I did use the speedstir on these:
PH: 7.7
FAC: 8
CC: .5
Alk: 150
CYA: poured the whole thing in and could still see the black dot from the top. 🤷🏻‍♀️ so 30ish.
Salt was 4K
Like I said, much diff numbers today. Help!

Hi guys! Finally got my test kit and just got a first set of numbers…not sure I trust myself. They are a lot different than the pool store. I did use the speedstir on these:
PH: 7.7
FAC: 8
CC: .5
Alk: 150
CYA: poured the whole thing in and could still see the black dot from the top. 🤷🏻‍♀️ so 30ish.
Salt was 4K
Like I said, much diff numbers today. Help!
Nice!!!

Numbers look fine, except CYA. I'd get enough chlorine stabilizer to add 30ppm of CYA to your pool. Use the sock method. Wait 24-48 hours after it dissolves and retest. Then do increments of increments of 30, 20 or 10 to get you to a target CYA of 60-80 for your SWCG. Creep up to not overshoot!! Wait those 24-48 hours to retest...don't want to over add...ask me how I know.

Great job getting the kit and the test done!

BTW, we just use FC, not FAC.
TA for Alkalinity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.