New water purification technique in the horizon?

Aug 23, 2016
Ballston Lake, NY
Hi y'all, it's been so long because I have a trouble free pool that is never not crystal clear because of you guys.

I read this and thought it might spark interesting conversation

There is a new water purification technique in the horizon.

What do yall think?

Hi y'all, it's been so long because I have a trouble free pool that is never not crystal clear because of you guys.

I read this and thought it might spark interesting conversation

There is a new water purification technique in the horizon.

What do yall think?
It is funny the article is about sinking water purification where conventional treatment is inexistent but the picture shows two kids playing in a pool.

Hydrogen peroxide works as an oxidizer at relatively comfortable levels, but to get it to work as a sanitizer it needs to be far more concentrated than is comfortable. That's why baqa pools only use it as an oxidizer but use biguanide as the sanitizer. It's incompatible with chlorine since they will just annihilate each other (remember the green pool at the Olympics a few years back? They accidentally added peroxide instead of chlorine and it ate the remaining chlorine) so whatever plan they have for this peroxide generator is not going to be a very good one.

Maybe for commercial pools there will be a special unit that will super-oxygenate the water and then reduce it before returning it to the pool, but I'll put money on any residential implementation of this product being virtually worthless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.