New TX member trying to beat the heat!

maropers

May 11, 2023
Houston
Live a little south of Lake Conroe. First experience with a salt water pool - previously owned 3 non salt water pools.
My thoughts are the salt water set up is easier to maintain........ but when stuff turns sour it could get to be expensive.

First real issues with the salt water system in four years. Compareing the cost of chlorine against the component replacements of the salt water system, I still believe I'm money and effort ahead.

Thanks in advance for all the sage advice I expect to get here.

Mike

Reactions: Newdude
Compareing the cost of chlorine against the component replacements of the salt water system, I still believe I'm money and effort ahead.
Each pool has different #s for each unit, and each size pool has different #s with the same unit, but here's mine.

My $1468 (with tax) replacement cell will produce 1005 jugs worth of 10% LC over its lifespan. Those jugs at Walmart which is my best price locally would cost $6199 (with tax).

I did not look for a bulk supplier, but even if I found one, the LC would have to be $1.46 a gallon (10%) to break even.

and effort ahead
This the key phrase. While I suspect I’m ahead cost-wise, too, that’s not even a factor for me when it comes to a SWCG. If they ever get so expensive that it’s impractical, I’ll fill my pool in.

You’ll get lots of great advice here - I know I have!

Reactions: Newdude