East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had issues with my Raypak heater for years getting very frequent Raypak High Limit 2 faults. I have changed the Unitherm governor several times (most recently two weeks ago), the internal bypass, replacing the limit sensors and adding a heat shield. I finally decided that I must have a ventilation problem as my spa heater gets direct sunlight and little air circulation (and I have read others accounts of similar situations).

But two days ago I got a new error message. My system said "High Limit 2 Open". and it remained with that message for about 60 seconds despite several attempts on my part to clear it (turing off the heater, pressing the mode button, etc). Eventually it went away and yesterday I got the High Limit 2 fault (requiring me to hit the mode button) almost immediately after I started the heater (brought water temperature up from 82 to 87 degrees). Then, upon reset, it heated to 103 without further issue. I just wonder what the significance of "High Limit 2 Open" vs "High Limit 2 Fault".

Sounds like your HL2 sensor is getting flaky. I would replace both HL sensors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.