New tub is here!

Don't try too hard to optimize everything exactly. In a hot tub the numbers will tend to move around. It is more about keeping up with the adjustments, so everything stays in range despite the shifts, than it is about hitting exact targets.

Added the borate solution and it only made the Ph jump to 7.8, so I added .25 oz. Ph- and it is perfect.

Here are the final numbers.

TA 60
CH 200
Borates 50
PH 7.5
CYA 10
FC 10

I just have to use it a bit myself to get the FC down and use dichlor for a few days to get my CYA up a bit. Thanks all for the much needed help.

Hmm. Went for a 30 min soak. Ran the jets for 10 min during this soak. Checked the PH and FC 20 min after I got out. The Ph dropped to maybe 7.3 and the FC did not drop at all...still holding at 10. I'm about ready to get a 5 g bucket of pond water to dump in it to get the FC down. :hammer:

What would cause the ph to drop during a soak?

I'm going to try running the jets the entire soak time and see what the PH does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.