Re: new to the site and new pool owner w/ pics and test resu

Todays results:

FC- 24
CC- 0
pH- 7.1
TA- 180 (possibly?) green turned yellow not red
CH- 220
CYA- 40

What do I need to do in order to be able to swim once I've passed the overnight test?

Great job! :whoot:

Did you pass the overnight test? If so, get a bottle of pool owner patience, and wait for the FC level to fall. The rain won't do anything unless it causes run-off from the surrounding area into your pool.

Your high chlorine level will interfere with both the pH test (making it read too high), and the TA test (this is why you got yellow instead of red). Assuming you passed the OCLT, wait until FC drops below 10, and then repeat the tests and adjust as needed.

Alright, we've passed the overnight and the test scores are as follows:

FC 9
CC 0
pH 7.1
TA 170
CH 210
CYA 40

What are the next steps that I should take and when can I get in this beautiful water? I've read Pool School and just want to be certain of every step. Once again thanks for the help!

Keep an eye on PH. It should come up on its own. If it gets too high lower it. That will also lower your TA. Go swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.