New to TFP

DRF2

May 23, 2023
Magnolia, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I've had an above ground 8300 gallon pool for right at a year now. I saw this site through an email from Swim University, and I thought it looked very interesting.
For most of last year, I didn't have any real issues, but starting this year, it's been very difficult to get things completely stabilized - I keep running into green & brown algae in small patches.
The one thing I was hoping for - I use a hydrogen peroxide sanitizing system with my pool Oxygen Pools - Chlorine Free Water Treatment Complete System
I also use a maytronics robot for vacuuming 1-2 times a week. I was hoping the Pool Math app would help, but it doesn't seem to take H2O2 into account.

Thanks,
David F.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: We are a DIY-friendly pool care site that emphasizes the proper use of chlorine to keep your pool clear and sanitary. Since you seem to have questions about alternatives, be sure to start a new thread about that subject in the appropriate sub-forum. I'm sure others will reply.

Enjoy the forum. :swim:

David, welcome to Trouble Free Pools :)
I can imagine the problems you are having as your pool growing algae is proof that it isn't properly sanitized.

We're happy to help you learn proper sanitation methods for your pool. Most important to our method of pool care is owner pool testing. Without proper testing one can't know if their pool is safe and sanitized.

Pool Care Basics

Maddie :flower: