New to pool automation: Jandy Aqualink or Pentair Intellicenter?

sliksal02

Jul 14, 2022
Los Angeles
Hi everyone. First time poster and pool novice, please be gentle.

I want to be able to control my pool, spa, sheer descent water feature and heater from my phone. All of my equipment is from Pentair.

I got a quote and he recommends Aqualink by Jandy. Not sure if because he gets better pricing on it or what, but 1) would there be any compatibility issues given that all of my equipment is Pentair?

2) is Intellicenter or Aqualink generally better than the other?

3) my pool lights are wired away from my pool equipment, I’m assuming there isn’t a good way to automate those from the same app without pulling pavers?

4) and finally the quote is as follows, any thoughts on if this is a good deal given the current market? I’m in SoCal

“Remove the equipment, once equipment is removed, we will fix a leak occurring in spa return line plumbing. We will Relocate equipment plumbing and do a concrete slab on equipment room. We will then reinstall equipment as well as the installation of Automation system.

Fix leak……………………………$1,350
Removal/Installation of equipment & Concrete slab………………….$3,200
Automation system………….$3,800

Total cost…………………..……$8,350”

I have not tried negotiating yet

Welcome to the forum.
What Pentair equipment do you have?
The Pentair Intellicenter is superior to the Jandy automation. Especially if you have any Pentair equipment that can be controlled via RS485.

The Intelliflo is controlled via RS485 with automation.
The heater is a simple firemans switch, so it does not matter.
Do you have a SWCG? Spa?

Your quote -- I do not have any idea. Costs are very site specific. In your market, I suspect them to be higher than most of the rest of the country.

On your lights, depends on what they are. Lights are controlled by a relay in the automation. It simply turns on and off the power to the transformer for the lights (if 12V) to change color, if you have that.

Reactions: sliksal02
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.