New system

rlblake82

May 7, 2020
Montgomery, AL
I am working on getting my pool clean. I am doing the SLAM process I am noticing the pressure keeps going up to about 20 after 2 hours of running. I backwash it and then its fine again. Is that normal when you are clearing out algae? Just want to make sure we don't have a problem or something. Pool is starting to look better. I just don't want to mess anything up as I just put in a new Hayward pump and filter.

That is perfectly normal, and good actually. It means your filter is working. What is the pressure just after a backwash? The time to backwash is when the pressure rises 25% over that. For instance, my post backwash pressure is 15-16 and I backwash when it gets to 20.

That is perfectly normal, and good actually. It means your filter is working. What is the pressure just after a backwash? The time to backwash is when the pressure rises 25% over that. For instance, my post backwash pressure is 15-16 and I backwash when it gets to 20.
Mine is about 12 or 13. I try to back wash it before it gets to 20 but right now that is hard so I set a timer for every hour to hour and a half to remember to go check it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.