New Sungrabber Solar Panels - Let the summer begin!

I'm no expert, just sharing what I did. My old "pre-Sandy" panels were plumbed this way, worked great for many years. If Sandy didn't rip them off my roof I'm sure the panels would still be in use. I had no leaks, absolutely zero operational problems. I just blew them out for winterizing and here on Long Island it can get into the single digits during Jan/Feb. I'm sure the comments others have provided are valid, but time has shown the system as described has worked reliably and trouble free for me. There's always room for improvement. Take what you like and leave the rest, your mileage may vary...

Thanks for the diagram !! And this is why I love this forum, the internet, and the age we live in for that matter. You learn something new everyday...understatement.
Of course running in parallel makes so much sense when explained. I had been blindly following the instructions in the sungrabber manual not thinking that there set up was simply for two panels - not 12! My roof set up is slightly different than yours in that it will be on a 44' x 16' - so I am thinking two sets of 5 side by side. I will start a thread in Construction and post a plan, stop by and comment if you have time. Thanks again for sharing all of your knowledge. -TR

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.