Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey Everyone,

First off, thanks for all helpful information you provide in the forums. I have never maintained a pool before and I just took over maintenance this week. The pool was pretty neglected when we moved in so we underwent a pretty big remodel and just switched over to the SWG system last week. The info here has been extremely helpful in learning about the maintenance process. The new plaster was completed on 2/21/23. Overall, the water stayed very clear after the initial filling and up to the conversion to salt, but did get a little cloudy for 2-3 days prior to switching over after a couple of heavy rains. Over the last week, I have noticed a couple of areas that appear to be stained on the shallow stairs. They don’t stand out very well in photos but are pretty prominent in person. I have tried brushing the areas a few times with no real change in appearance. Any advice on what I could try next?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_9144.jpeg

Looks like it could be an iron stain. We have seen staining caused by impurities in the bags of salt added to the pool.

Crush up some vitamin C into a paste in a sock and rub it on the stains and see if they lift.

Looks like it could be an iron stain. We have seen staining caused by impurities in the bags of salt added to the pool.

Crush up some vitamin C into a paste in a sock and rub it on the stains and see if they lift.
I have an iron stain in pebble. Do you mean like an actual vitamin c pill?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.