New stock tank pool

Hello everyone! It's been quite a few years since I've been by. Long story short.. I moved and the new place didn't have a pool :( BUT, last weekend I set up my new stock tank pool! Yay me!! (Just need to change my signature now.) It's the common 8' by 2' , 700 gallon size. I need a few refreshers. So, a few questions....

I used the K-2006 fas-dpd with my old pool. Do you suggest I continue to use it with this pool? I'd have to buy everything new again since I left it with the old house.

We just filled the pool this past Sunday. What should I put in it until I get the test kit in?

I'm running the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter SF90110-1, (10") 1 inlet and 1 outlet. The flow seems slow to me but maybe it's okay. After all it is only .25 HP. All I can compare it to is the old pump on the old pool and that thing rocked and rolled. I guess I just expected it to be stronger. Thoughts?

I'm SO GLAD to be back! Pictures coming soon!
Erin

Last edited:
Get the 2006c or tf100, pool size doesn't matter on the test kit.

If you don't mind draining when the pool goes south you can use the seasonal pool guide and just use a oto/pH tester.

That pump should be fine, won't do vaccum though, and you probably don't have a skimmer so it's really just to move the water around

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.