Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi Everyone!
My name is Mike, I am from Orlando, FL. I recently moved back to the area from Miami. In Miami, I had a pool, but it was about 15 years old and well established, never had any issues with algae or water problems. All my issues in Miami were related to plumbing leaks and old equipment that I would chalk up to simply old age. It was also a chlorine pool.

Here in Orlando, we wanted a pool but couldn't find one to match a house we liked, so we bought and decided to build a pool after. The pool was finished on September 1st, and almost immediately had a black algae problem. I have tried several things and am running thin on remaining patience, so here I am. It is a salt water pool.

What I have found very strange is that nobody I talk to seems to know anything about black algae. Nobody at the pool stores, the pool service companies, neighbors, info online is conflicting... so it does seem very weird, but it seems here people have had real success, so I am hoping to catch a little of that.

I'll post the BA story in the Algae forum, but thanks for the welcoming words and happy to be part of the community.

Thanks,
M.