New Spa blower not working.. overheats and shuts off

mfrankoo

Mar 13, 2023
FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
To my knowledge the spa blower at house has not worked in awhile. Replaced spa blower and blower powers on but after a few minutes shuts off. I believe the air line and air injectors in bottom of spa are clogged.

My question… is there a way to get the air injectors cover/top off? It appears they are molded into the floor of the unground spa. If I could remove this would make clearing the line easier.

Also, is this pipe use for the spa? Assuming it is for the air to the spa jets?

Any info you can provide is helpful.. thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    781.3 KB · Views: 6
Are you sure it's the right voltage?
Is the blower shutting itself off or is the power to it being cut off (bad breaker or switch perhaps)?
That pipe is likely the air intake for the jets.
Yes, had a professional replace it with same voltage and horsepower. The blower shuts itself off.. like overheating. I really think the lines are blocked/clogged. Reason for my question above about the air injectors in bottom of spa. Wish I could just pop those out to clear the lines.

So, just to be clear, you turn on the blower, nothing happens in the spa, and after a few minutes the blower shuts off?
If so, venting it won't help get air to the tub, but can stop the overheat.
It can take a few minutes in a tub with no hartford loop and alot of pipe to push all the water out. If the blower were undersized it could overheat before clearing the water. Check in the tub if any water comes up from the blower fittings when it's running.
If not, it is likely a blockage, and most likely the check valve if it has one.
If not that, I'd say it's pressure test time.

Reactions: mfrankoo
So, just to be clear, you turn on the blower, nothing happens in the spa, and after a few minutes the blower shuts off?
If so, venting it won't help get air to the tub, but can stop the overheat.
It can take a few minutes in a tub with no hartford loop and alot of pipe to push all the water out. If the blower were undersized it could overheat before clearing the water. Check in the tub if any water comes up from the blower fittings when it's running.
If not, it is likely a blockage, and most likely the check valve if it has one.
If not that, I'd say it's pressure test time.
Thanks! Yes. The blower shuts off after a few minutes of running. A few bubbles come out but not much and not constant. It then seems to overheat and shut off.Please see pictures above. Is there a way to get those covers off to clear out the lines?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.