New semi in ground pool. Lots of questions.

Jun 4, 2013
Hello all.

I owned a 24 foot round intex above the ground pool. I used a sandfilter/salt water chlorination combo. It was easy and I loved it. We lived in that house for 11 years and built our "forever home". Well we have decided to invest in a semi in the ground pool. I went and spoke to the only guy in town who installs these to get his prices on install. The guy has been doing this for about 15 years and has his own company and will sell us everything if we wanted. I don't like knowing the brands that he sells tho for a pump etc. He kept trying to dissuade me from a salt water system stating that it will corrode the steel walls on a pool. So here are some questions I am looking for.

I am wanting to install a 30-33ft round pool. Due to that it makes the sand filters and chlorination salt systems rather expensive.

1. I have found numerous websites that sell salt water safe semi in the ground pools. Anyone have history with one? Good brands? Places to stay away from?
2. Looking at a chlorinator I decided to go with a 40k gallon one so it wont be working full time. I found two
Amazon.com : Hayward Goldline AQR15 AquaRite Electronic Salt Chlorination System for In-Ground Pools, 40, 000-Gallon Cell : Swimming Pool Chlorine : Garden Outdoor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRN74WA/?coliid=I38JKKIMRDWER6&colid=1Y2MWI5GBD6IG&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The Salaxx is about 300 cheaper and the replacements are cheaper too. Is it ok brand?
3. Sand filter I was going to use a https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-S210T93S-ProSeries-21-Inch-Filter/dp/B00CG4EIEC/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1521411888&sr=1-3&keywords=hayward%2Bsand%2Bfilter%2Bpump&th=1
That seems to be big enough to clean about 25k in 8 hours or so?

The installer will come out and dig the hole, fill with sand, level and said that he can make the pool about 12 inches deeper on one side with no issue. He is adding a second intake and return on the pool and hard plumbing the whole thing for me. My cost for this installation is about $4800 but he pays for all the parts etc.

So my main concern is getting a good quality pool that with be ok with a salt water system and buying parts that are meant to last. I want the pool to be warranted for a long time.

Thanks guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.