new self-contracted build near Houston

Dec 14, 2016
Houston
hey everyone,

I am in the process of contracting the build for my own pool. Not far from being done at this point, its been a fun project so far! This will be the first pool I've owned (aside from a cheap above ground pool one summer).

Looking forward to learning a lot here :eek:

IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg

OH how neat is this one!!!! I keep going back and forth with the different pictures to see all of the details. I missed the seats the first couple of times. Love everything about it.

I would love for you to take a picture of each area of the pool to showcase it and share it with us. Your siggy talks about a grotto but I cannot see it :( LOL

Thanks for sharing the build with us!

Kim:kim:

OH how neat is this one!!!! I keep going back and forth with the different pictures to see all of the details. I missed the seats the first couple of times. Love everything about it.

I would love for you to take a picture of each area of the pool to showcase it and share it with us. Your siggy talks about a grotto but I cannot see it :( LOL

Thanks for sharing the build with us!

Sure! I will get some better pictures tomorrow.

Are they coming back to install a topping or expose the aggregate?? They left lots of trowel marks . . . Looks like a cool project though.

They will come back to install a stamped concrete overlay, at least that's the way I am leaning right now. Considered saving some money and going with spray deck, but I am trying to talk myself out of it lol.

Don't forget to post a list of the equipment you are planning to use. Many members live in your area and may have some dos and don'ts to offer.

Hello! And Welcome! :wave:

thanks, I will update the sig with the list :cool:

I had downloaded a demo of some pool software to see my design in 3D before starting on my project. This design is not 100% accurate as to what was actually built, but its pretty close.

One thing I was very happy about was that the elevation change from the house to the negative edge is larger than I expected.

jewc, I see this on your equipment list: Hayward HydroRite™ UVO³ UV and Ozone System.

I invite you to do a search or three on here and see what TFP has to say about them. It is up to you but...........your wallet can be fatter without it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.