New sand filter installed questions about initial setup.

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
I bought a Krystal Clear 3000 GPH Above Ground Swimming Pool Sand Filter Pump and installed it today. I used pool filter sand. The instructions said to run it on Backwash until the water is clear in the sight glass or flows clear out of the outlet. The water is clear but the sight glass still has some sand in it. I had my hand in the flow of the outlet and it has a very little amount of sand in it. I could barely see it on my hand. I let it run for at least 10 minutes. When I set it to Rinse the sight glass clears up and I see no sand on my hand. Does that mean that I am safe to turn it to Filter?

Should be good to go.

You may see a little sand when backwashing because the water is running up through the sand bed and "bubbling" the sand which may go out the pipe. In filter and rinse mode, the water is going down through the sand bed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.