New pump, wrong sizes hoses and wrong type output!

heidi71

May 14, 2023
Peoria Arizona
Hi all!! I am hoping one of you has an answer for my issue! I have a 13 x 4 round Bestway above ground pool. Until yesterday I was using the cartridge filter pump that came with it but it wasn't enough. I bought a 10 inch Intek Krystal Kleer sand pump to replace the cartridge pump. I went to hook up the new pump and the hoses are different sizes and the output valve is meant for a pool with a plunger valve so my question is, can I change the output to a plunger valve of the right size for the new hoses? And is it ok to use the smaller hoses that came with the pool with an adapter off the tee for the input? I am not sure I am using exact terminology but I guess I just need someone to tell me how to hook up the new pump to the pool correctly taking into account the different sizes and different type of output. Maybe someone has been in the same boat? Fingers crossed!! And I have been ready to get in my pool for over a week and am still not wet so help needed as soon as possible!! Hot in Arizona! Heidiho

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.