New pump motor wiring help

Alex11

Jan 12, 2024
Texas
Hi, I am replacing the original motor on a pentair whisper flow WF-26 pump. The new pump wiring looks different. I need help with wiring the new pump. First pic is the old pump wiring, the next 2 are from the new pump. Can anyone help me wire it?
IMG_4810.jpegIMG_4825.jpegIMG_4822.jpeg

Stand so the pics line up with the diagram. The positions of L1 and L2 don't matter but I'd go black to black just because. My brain wants to put the green one on the middle lugs but it's specifically left off the diagram so it likely goes to the motor housing. It should be listed / labeled in the manual.

Whats the part/model # of the replacement? @1poolman1 might know it.

Screenshot_20240112_080529_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_080835_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Alex11
Replacement is a B2854V1. I think it's hot wires into the terminal and then there is another threaded area near the terminal block. that may be missing a screw. I'm thinking that might be the ground. I'm going to get a screw for it now and try it that way.

The ground location should be labeled on the motor or in the manual. It could be missing the green screw as you said, or this one kinda looks suspect with multiple washers.

Screenshot_20240112_091821_Chrome.jpg

@InyoRich is around this morning. Maybe he can get you a quick answer.

I agree with Newdude's post above - black to black and the red wire to the opposite terminal with the white wire (though it also triggers my OCD). That's a pretty odd wiring terminal block for a pool motor. Be careful to be sure that the screws don't penetrate the plastic block and short out anywhere.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I have it working now. I grounded to a threaded hole that was missing a screw right next to the terminal block. Here’s how it ended up. And yes I’m totally going to reattach the terminal block to the stand. And connect up the conduit to waterproof it all. Thank you all so much for the help!!!

IMG_4828.jpegIMG_4827.jpeg

The label says thermally protected, but there is no thermal protection, so if the motor overheats, it will probably just burn up the windings.

Also, notice that there is no UL safety testing done on these motors, so you have no assurance that the motor is safe to use for any purpose.

It’s always a bad sign when a manufacturer does not put their name on a product.

No manufacturer name, no model number, no serial number, no manufacturing date.

It’s like going to the supermarket and buying a can with a white label with only the word “FOOD” on the label.

1705082383955.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.