new pump is 220V

digger01 said:
ummm you can read that diagram. It is blury on the pump!! I need glasses.

So do I need another leg to #2 on pump? maybe by a pigtail?

or just move the red wire to #2?

No,

You are seriously over-thinking this.

You have a " common" In this case its one of the red wires that goes to #1. So hook that up and forget about it. Why they call this a common terminal is because that terminal will be active in both high, and low speeds.

The other red wire goes to the center "common" terminal on the switch. This may connect via a spade terminal, or needs to be connected with a wire nut. Common in the terms of switching typically means the terminal that supplies power to the switch. This switch is a single pole double throw switch.

From there the switch sends power to either terminal 2 for high speed, or terminal 3,4 for low speed. It will not send power to both of these terminals at the same time.

Its the same for both 110/220vac systems. On a 110VAC system the "common" terminal is actually a "common" or "neutral" wire.

Thats it! That is the way I have it. But no change in motor speed when I toggle? Can the toggle be defective or burnt

Its running strong right now until?? I feel on low. you can't hear it until are about 15' away. So very quiet.
The side jets feel strong but I cant see the floor jets yet (chlorine is 8ish right now). I will call Pentair.... I will get a better pic of the drawing and blow it up. I have had my kids brushing and pouring bleach in for the last couple of days.. It is clearing up nicely, temp rose to 69 on Saturday but now its colder

With the information that Pentair gave you, I would have wired it the same way you did initially. Mine would have also blown up. So disregard anything I said above. But looking at the diagram to the right, motor connections with toggle switch, it shows Line 1 to the top and Line 2 to the black, which I believe is what you have now and also what Jason said. Looks like racket just confirmed that. I wonder if the switch is screwed up from the initial wiring?

Thats what I am hoping for. I will call Pentair...

I will get new toggle, maybe they will supply one that operates with a definitive up down toggle feel. Its ..a nice rubber toggle but doesnt seem to have a good feel or switch

digger01 said:
Thats what I am hoping for. I will call Pentair...

I will get new toggle, maybe they will supply one that operates with a definitive up down toggle feel. Its ..a nice rubber toggle but doesnt seem to have a good feel or switch

You can always test the motor by shutting off the power removing the connectors from both terminals 2,+3 and then put the hot leg directly on #2 turn the breaker on, and it should run the high speed then turn off the power again and move to #3 it should run low.

You could also have a limp breaker.,

I called Pentair service Monday eve. and we went thru a couple of tests. My pump is not changing speed, it should operate on high and then I switch it to low. Pentair put a service call in for me and said a service representative will call within 2 days and then come to check it out. One warning was " If its not a warranty issue " I incur a service fee for the service rep. it was nice they warned me :) But after the electrical checks I feel it my next step.

I am still waiting for a call from the Pentair rep. but I am sure they are busy this time of year.. My pump is running on low and constant for the last day. The pool was recovering from a algea bloom but it isnt clearing up quickly..

The pool circulation is slow and doesn't operate thru the floor very good. The heater Aqua comfort heat pump does work with this low flow- but I havent been running it. Pool temp was 70 last night. Upon an initial strart up the flow is slow and the pump basket is not full. I have opened up the pump basket and put water in to get rid of the air bubble, but the pump just isnt running strong enought to pull a full flow thru tht 1.5" pipe. I am only using the skimmer wall returns and the flow gets better over time...

Hope it clears up, I think I need a nice vacumn for the deep end where we have been brushing all the cloudyness from the week of shock. Actually this mourning was the first time I could get a chlorine reading, it stayed nice and high aroung 8ish all night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.