New pump and filter

mgp777

Feb 27, 2012
Texas
I have an above ground pool( 18 ft, 7600 gal ) that is sunk 2 ft into the ground. Last year I moved the pump/filter away from the pool and hard plumbed with 1 1/2 in pvc.

I currently am running a Hayward SP180 sand filter with a 1 1/2 horse power-flo matrix pump. I want to go to a cartridge filter and a new pump ( the
matrix has trouble priming ) and I am looking at getting a Pentair CCRP 100 with a 1/2 hp Superflo pump.

My filter press is reading 11 psi on the new gauge I put in today so I believe my TDH is roughly 44 ft. Any thoughts on this filter/pump combo?

Welcome to TFP!

I recommend getting a slightly larger filter if you have room and can afford it. Larger filters are more energy efficient and can go longer between backwashes.

That pump is fine. You could save a little money in the long run by going with a 3/4 HP two speed, which costs less to run on low speed, but it would cost more up front.

Thanks for the reply. My pump and filter are set in a garden shed type box with a front and top that open up. I don't think I could get anything bigger than a 100 sq ft filter in it(vertical clearance with lid down). I will recheck the dimensions and see if anything larger will fit.

Yea, there is plenty of room inside. Also I have vent holes drilled at the bottom next to the motor. I have had my equipment in this little garden shed for about 9 yrs.

It is approx 4.5 ft wide by 3.5 deep with a hinged top that slopes back to front. The back wall is about 47 in. and the front wall/door is at about 42 in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.