West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
In my effort to become the laziest man alive I just bought a new toy.

So far I love it. We have a bunch of Polywood chairs that the birds just love to poop on. A regular hose with a high stream just does not quite do it. This tool makes quick work of it. It is also very good for light cleaning on the deck. This is now the 3rd pressure washer that I own. A gas one in the garage that I almost never use, a Sunjoe electric that I used to use a bunch, and now this.

I do wish it was a little more powerful. There are some things where it does not quite have enough juice. They do make a 40V one with the exact same specs that might be more powerful.

What I do love about it is no dragging hoses and electric. With the other pressure washer, I need to attach the hose to the wand and then to the pressure washer. For the electric I have to mess with a cord, for the gas, mess with gas. With this guy, I attach the hose, pop in the battery and I am off. More importantly when I am done there is soooo much less to put away.

It even comes with an attachment that I can drop in the pool and use pool water as the source to clean parts where the hose does not quite reach or is a pain to drag to. It uses less than a gallon a minute so no impact on the pool.

Anyway just thought I would share.

Storage is what has kept me from buying a pressure washer. This one addresses that issue. I finally went with cordless trimmer and blower, along with mower. Total game changers! No cords, no gas and I can store my mower upright with the handle folded, saving tons of space. Those batteries are expensive, though. I pulled my largest one out of the mower and put it on the bumper of my wife’s SUV while I was putting the mower away. Went to jump in the pool to cool off and didn’t remember it until I went to mow the next week. Doh!

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
With Ryobi always buy the battery with the tool. HomeDepot has sales all the time. If you buy the battery separately its insane how much they want. In a few cases I have gotten the tool and the battery for less than the battery is by itself.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog
Just be careful with your power washer. This spring my fan nozzle was partially rusted closed and I didn’t notice it until I’d cleaned my pool deck, patio and pavers. And by “cleaned” I mean etched squiggles everywhere. I “fixed” the pavers by sanding them down, and I’m adding Sundek over everything else this fall….:cautious:

In a few cases I have gotten the tool and the battery for less than the battery is by itself.
Exactly what my experience was. When I went to replace my mower battery, I found I could get a blower with a battery for about $20 more than the battery by itself.

It really depends on the tool itself. Some of their high end brushless stuff, especially in the 40V range, cannot be purchased with a battery, only the lower end stuff. The brushless edger is a good example. Their highest end brushless leaf blower didn't used to come with a battery, but now that's the only way you can find it. For a long time, the ONE+ 18v line would come with non-HP batteries even with HP tools, but they seem to have corrected that recently, so that's a big win. I've used the Ryobi ONE line since the stuff was all blue and the only batteries you could get were NiCads. I'm a big fan of it and they've gotten really good in the last couple of years (the latest brushless 1/2" impacts for example).

I recently got the aforementioned 40v brushless edger and leaf blower and they're fantastic. We are finally at the point where cordless yard stuff is just as good as - not better than - gas. Still not giving up my Honda HRX mower anytime soon though :)

I have that sprayer and find it very useful for my dock. I don't have electricity or water down there, but I do have a lot of gulls, ducks, geese and pelicans that visit. I can just throw that suction end with floater in the lake and power wash it all off! I had totally missed thinking about it for the pool - wonder if it might help wash the tile line scum.

With Ryobi always buy the battery with the tool. HomeDepot has sales all the time. If you buy the battery separately its insane how much they want. In a few cases I have gotten the tool and the battery for less than the battery is by itself.
I bought a couple of Ryobi “compatible” clone batteries from Amazon. They all work with my one Ryobi charger I own. The only Ryobi 1 tool I bought that came with a charger and one battery was a drill and I bought for around $40.00. It was cheaper to buy that then to buy the cheapest battery charger set. The tool I needed at the time was an air pump for $25.00 that didn’t come with a battery. Later on, I was given quite a few older blue Ryobi one tools that originally came with the old Ni-cad batteries. The Amazon clone Ryobi one li-ion batteries work great on all my Ryobi tools. I usually just look for the tools without the batteries now, because they are dirt cheap like that. Now all my 56v Ego lawn stuff, the batteries are insanely priced and there aren’t any cheap clones. It makes way more sense to buy a new ego weed eater then to buy just a new ego battery.

edit: I really want that sprayer now.. the syphon hose has me sold! I would use that all the time to just clean the pool furniture with pool water.

Just be warned its a little under powered. I wish it was a hair stronger.

I just tried the 0 degree nozzle and that actually helps a bunch. I would make sure I ordered one with the unit.

Reactions: Orion7319

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I 2nd what Katodude said.....The pressure is higher than most home facets, but water volume is way less it a pressure washer very conservative of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.