Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Greetings folks !!!!

The PoolMath application recently underwent a major update, transitioning from an older mobile development framework to a newer one. This shift was essential due to the discontinuation of support for the previous framework, necessitating a move to a more advanced and supported framework. The update involved significant behind-the-scenes work to convert existing projects and update dependencies, ensuring the application stays up-to-date with the latest standards.

In short, PoolMath will get a new look while functioning mostly the same.

We were able to add descriptions to all the chemicals listed which will help many while learning. For example, that trichlor/pucks add CYA, instead of only selecting trichlor without knowing.

The full rollout is beyond our control and we don't have an ETA. Currently some Android beta testers have been updated (myself included) and the rest will follow at some point.

None of us likes change, so believe me when I say we get it. :) We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience as we get used to the new look and work out any kinks.

TiA.

Correct, so long as automatic updates are enabled. I found out when I opened the app and had to sign in to a new looking page.

Huh ? :ROFLMAO:

Oh !!! Kewl!!!

Sneak peek at the new layout :

Screenshot_20240501_104418.jpg

Screenshot_20240501_104403.jpg

I think I have the latest version but I have a problem entering anything except whole numbers. Obviously that won't work for PH so I know it must be an iPhone problem. Can anyone tell me how to make an iPhone bring up a data entry screen that will allow a decimal to be entered? At least I "think" that is the problem. The data entry screen that currently loads only allows whole numbers to be entered.

How does one get to be a Beta Tester ?

Love me my PoolMath - it's essentially how I found TFP :)

As of this note, the newest version noted above is not yet out on the App Store for updating on an iPhone.
Version 360, released a year ago, is the most recent currently available.
To find your version, go to the 3 lines in the upper left of any Pool Math screen, then click on "About TFP". Scroll down part way to the version number.

Thank you. My version (360) on my iPhone (XS Max IOS 17.4.1) does not. It brings up a data entry keypad with only numbers. No symbols and of course no decimal. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can force the app to request a different key entry screen? One suggested work around was to enter another key that is on a telephone entry pad but that is not there either. If the computer version does not have this problem how can I get it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
iPhone 15 - but it worked the same on my iPhone 12. Both with latest iOS.

Maybe it's the keyboard you have selected?

IMG_0409.png

Update for all users should now be live in the various App stores. Automatic updates are going to roll out VERY slowly but users can fetch the updates manually by updating directly from the App Store.

Reactions: SJPoe and Newdude
I have the latest version from the Apple App Store and my history ported successfully. The only issue I've found is that the PH target defaults to 3.

Attachments

• 20240507_005058000_iOS.jpg
    20240507_005058000_iOS.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 12
@Leebo

iOS 17.4.1on iPhone 15 Pro
Not the paid version of the app

I can't place a checkmark in "Hide Recommended" range alerts. Clicking the dot does nothing.
And even though "Hide Ideal" range alerts is checked, they still show under "Target Level".
EDIT - an uninstall/reinstall rectified this.

All that red test is annoying - especially with the dark mode show in post #16. The green isn't much better in the image below. Text in those colors is difficult for many to comfortably read as well.

My pH target defaulted to what I had in the old version - 7.4

When I change pH to within the "ideal" range, the red lettering is still there.
In addition, my current TA is 130 - if I set the Target Level to 40, both Ideal and Recommended shows in green - should be red if out of range?
Same happens with CH - blue.

I guess someone may have been attempting to match the color of the reagent caps - CH=blue, TA=green, FC=yellow (but is purple in the app).
Just looks weird. Green means good and red means action needed. Too much color makes it difficult to read and looks cartoonish.

PM1.pngPM2.pngPM3.PNG

Last edited:
What are the latest version numbers for Android and Iphone? Where do I see that in the app? Thanks
@woodyp
For iOS and Android - open PoolMath, hamburger menu, About TFP and scroll down to App

Mine shows 503 (503001) for iOS and 504 (504002) for Android as of the date/time of this post.
When I manually updated the Android version, it says I am a beta tester. I don't see any indication of that for iOS.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support