NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Trying to figure out how to position returns. First year opening after winter and since opening have tried to play with jets. Debris seems to be accumulating around edge of pool and not sure how to control that from happening. When company opened pool jets were positioned up and created too much surface bubbles which increase PH. All my skimmers are on one side of pool and jets are opposite. I tried positioning returns so just a surface ripple is seen and facing toward skimmer. First year pool returns were working better and not sure how they were originally positioned.

Attachments

• IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 12
Trying to figure out how to position returns. First year opening after winter and since opening have tried to play with jets. Debris seems to be accumulating around edge of pool and not sure how to control that from happening. When company opened pool jets were positioned up and created too much surface bubbles which increase PH. All my skimmers are on one side of pool and jets are opposite. I tried positioning returns so just a surface ripple is seen and facing toward skimmer. First year pool returns were working better and not sure how they were originally positioned.
Be sure to factor which way the wind blows when you position your pool returns. Have them face in the same direction if possible

Are all of your skimmers on that same side? If so, I would just aim the return jets across the pool towards them. You won't make much money trying to go sideways or at an angle.
Yes it’s a mountain lake shape. It was designed 3 skimmers on one wall returns on opposite . I will try that. The jets are facing up just enough to create surface ripple but no bubbles is that correct? I have read so many different opinions
Bubbles.

Pictures of equipment pad and debris by jets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5634.jpeg
    IMG_5634.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    596.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5633.jpeg
    IMG_5633.jpeg
    739.7 KB · Views: 17

Thanks for the pics.. :goodjob:

I don't really care where the skimmers are located, I like the idea that the returns be pointed to make the water swirl like a giant flushing toilet bowl, but of course much, much slower. :mrgreen:

That said, what Pat recommends makes sense, but I suggest that you just experiment and see what works best for you.

It just seems to me that pointing your returns straight across the pool will not cure the problem of the debris collecting behind the return, as in your pic.

In the pic showing the single return, does that thing spin or is it fixed? It sure seems to me that the hole is very small.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I don't really care where the skimmers are located, I like the idea that the returns be pointed to make the water swirl like a giant flushing toilet bowl, but of course much, much slower. :mrgreen:

That said, what Pat recommends makes sense, but I suggest that you just experiment and see what works best for you.

It just seems to me that pointing your returns straight across the pool will not cure the problem of the debris collecting behind the return, as in your pic.

In the pic showing the single return, does that thing spin or is it fixed? It sure seems to me that the hole is very small.

Thanks,

Jim R.
It moves if I use a screwdriver the eyeball will rotate. What would stop the debris from accumulating along that side of the pool? I can swear the first year it did not do this but when it was reopened by the pool co
Pant my jets were pointing straight up when They put them in and it was way to much pressure at surface and crazy bubbles. Now trying to fix that a lot of the debris is accumulating that wasn’t before.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Thanks,

Jim R.
So the returns come in bigger holed versions? It seems fine last year . I tried to get pool company that built to come and help me and so far they have come

Having the water swirl like a toilet bowl may help move the debris along until they get caught by a skimmer.

You can't hurt anything.. Try pointing them so that they cause the water to 'swirl'. If it works, great, if not try something else.

Return eyeball openings come in different sizes. The basic idea is that you can put different sizes on the returns depending on where they are in relation to the equipment pad. This allow you to control the flow out of each return so they are all about the same. This may not be an issue for you as it appears you have valves on the return lines that you can use to regulate the flow.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.