new pool - we have finally started! + some pictures!

Thank you everybody for the compliments!!! We have been planning all of this for well over a year now!! In regards to the rebar- we had them form the concrete forms so we could lay out the outdoor fireplace and the out door kitchen and we still have another few weeks before concrete and didn't want to be stepping over sharp metal to get to the pool! We were originally paying 12.50 for the concrete then we decided to do our turn around at the garages stamped so he threw in the laminars for free (he said they were valued at close to 7k installed for 4 of them) and took it down a dollar a foot for us! We think we got a decent deal! They also are going to bring in more gravel as we have given the decking area about 2 months to settle- hoping to avoid as much settling after concrete as possible!

The textured steps are from the manufacture- GLI and its called sure-step. Feels kind of similar to pebble-tec but softer on the feet!! So far we are happy with it!

Thanks again everybody!!

Thank you so much for posting pictures of your liner! This is the exact liner we are considering but haven't been able to find good pictures of it. Your pool is beautiful and the exact look I was going for.

Funny thing is, we live in Columbus, Ohio too so I'm hoping our pool looks as good as yours. If you don't mind me asking, which pool builder did you go with? We spoke with many of the builders in central Ohio and had a hard time picking one. I'm hoping we made the right decision. Our construction has started but we're hoping for end of next week.

Thanks again for sharing the photos. And if you have any advice for us, please let me know.

tatertot09 - Small world! After looking through some of your old pictures, I realized your old house is a house I see daily! My husband and I have been admiring your old pool and backyard for awhile now, they are quite impressive.

Our house was just completed in January 2013 and it's at the other end of the park from your old house. We are putting in a 14 x 32 rectangle pool with full length steps and a 4 ft. sun ledge. So I think the size is similar to your old pool. I was originally here to see your new pool liner, but now have a question for you about pool lights. We were only going to put 1 in, but I noticed your old pool had 2, do you think 2 lights are necessary for a pool that size? Our light is a LED light, but not sure of the manufacturer.

I sent you a PM but it is a small world and thank you for the compliment. I miss that back yard right now, lol!! In regards to the pool lights, how will the pool be situated with the house? That makes all the difference. I honestly think 2 lights would the best for a great glow, especially if your led's change colors- the colors make the light more dim. :)

Kind of hard to describe how the pool is situated with the house so I've attached a picture I did with some free software. Our house is at the end of the cul-de-sac so our lot is a strange shape. Not sure I want to incur the cost of the second led light, so I was really hoping we could get away with just one light since the pool was so small. I do think its a color changing light. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 552
Well, things are finally starting to move! Concrete has been finished, autocover is finished, and we are ready to go! Outdoor fireplace has gone in and the out door kitchen! Just have the stone work left on the hot tub as well as the laminars! The landscaping starts this week, so I have been rushing to get my retaining walls up before it starts! Moving 5 tons of stone by hand in 2 days surly makes me need that hot tub even more now! Hopefully the house will be done by the end of this month!! Hopefully we will have decent weather and actually get to use the pool before we have to close!!

Autocover and concrete!

image by cdsdeg, on Flickr

Can't wait for them to vacuum out the concrete tomorrow so I can get back in the groove of brushing and vacuuming! House, hot tub, and concrete

Outdoor fireplace!

So excited!!!

View of the back yard from the walk way! Its so fun to see everything coming together. You can see the retaining walls I have been working hard on!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everybody!

Carnut- I have a thread some where with better pictures of the liner- I am on my phone right now and can't find it! The color really is beautiful!

Kjm- I believe the fireplace was made by housewarmings- got it from a local place called scioto valley- if you google them you can see all the stuff they offer- although the manufacture is out of Kentucky!

Doobs- we are building on ten acres and out in the country. Our township is very laxed when it comes to pools, when I called them they didn't even know what an automatic cover was. Haha.

Ken- thank you so much!! It's been a lot of work and stress and we can't wait to finally move in and use the pool! :)

Absolutely beautiful setup you have going there. I have friends up in Gahanna near Columbus. May I ask what the color and stamp pattern is on that concrete? I'd love to have 10 acres, but will have to be happy with my two. I'm considering a builder up that way for my fiberglass install.

R_willis-

Thanks! I love having land- grew up on a farm, and subdivision living just isn't for me! We are actually only about 15-20 minutes east of gahanna! Also lived there for a period of time! Also my sister and her family and the other halls brother and family live in cinci! What builder are you considering?

As well, I believe the stamp was cracked earth or something like that and the color was a tan release or gray but I know it wasn't very dark!

tatertot09 said:
R_willis-

Thanks! I love having land- grew up on a farm, and subdivision living just isn't for me! We are actually only about 15-20 minutes east of gahanna! Also lived there for a period of time! Also my sister and her family and the other halls brother and family live in cinci! What builder are you considering?

As well, I believe the stamp was cracked earth or something like that and the color was a tan release or gray but I know it wasn't very dark!

http://www.leisurepoolscolumbus.com/

Heard any rumblings (good or bad) of them up there?

I'm thinking fiberglass, but have considered gunite also.

Hi. We are getting the gray gerano liner from GLI and are considering getting sure-step on the steps. Do you think it was worth getting and have you had any problems with it? Do you think it makes the steps harder to clean at all? Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.