New Pool Startup - Chemistry

B,

Are you sure your cell was actually running for 24 hours?

I ask because for the cell to get power, the automation system must be in the Pool or Spa mode with the pump running.

It is possible to have the pump running, but not actually be in the pool or spa mode, depending how you set things up in your IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
B,

Are you sure your cell was actually running for 24 hours?

I ask because for the cell to get power, the automation system must be in the Pool or Spa mode with the pump running.

It is possible to have the pump running, but not actually be in the pool or spa mode, depending how you set things up in your IntelliCenter.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I was using the pool circuit and had green lights on the cell. I had turned down the rpm until i got a red light and then ramped it up 200 rpm.

When you say Pool mode does that mean the Pool circuit as opposed to a feature corcuit?

Thanks
B

Oh thanks i was using chlorine gas the other day and missed the SWG option!

We discussed earlier that Chlorine Gas is a totally different method of chlorination and has nothing to do with a SWG.

When you say Pool mode does that mean the Pool circuit as opposed to a feature corcuit?
B,

Yes... A good example would be if you set up a feature circuit to run at 1500 RPM. If you turn on that feature circuit all by itself, the pump will run at 1500 RPM, but the SWCG will not be on. The Pool or Spa circuit must also be on for the pump/filter relay to close and turn on your salt cell.

Also.. If you just manually turn on your Pool Circuit, it will shut off after 12 hours due to the default egg-timer, unless you have set the egg-timer to 24 hours or not to shut off.

If you want to run 24/7, you should schedule your Pool Circuit to run from 8 am until 8 am. This will run the pump 24/7 and keep the pump filter relay closed 24/7.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We discussed earlier that Chlorine Gas is a totally different method of chlorination and has nothing to do with a SWG.
Yes thank you. I just didn’t see the SWG option in the PoolMath list. Great app btw… whoever put that together is a genius

B,

Yes... A good example would be if you set up a feature circuit to run at 1500 RPM. If you turn on that feature circuit all by itself, the pump will run at 1500 RPM, but the SWCG will not be on. The Pool or Spa circuit must also be on for the pump/filter relay to close and turn on your salt cell.

Also.. If you just manually turn on your Pool Circuit, it will shut off after 12 hours due to the default egg-timer, unless you have set the egg-timer to 24 hours or not to shut off.

If you want to run 24/7, you should schedule your Pool Circuit to run from 8 am until 8 am. This will run the pump 24/7 and keep the pump filter relay closed 24/7.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ok

So I need to uncheck egg timer but leave freeze protection checked.

And I have a feature circuit for skimming twice a day that lasts 1 hr each time. So then if I understand you I have a SWG running 22 hrs in a day.

Thanks
B

And I have a feature circuit for skimming twice a day that lasts 1 hr each time. So then if I understand you I have a SWG running 22 hrs in a day.
No. A Feature Circuit can be scheduled along with the Pool Circuit. Whichever has the higher RPM wins. The SWCG is ON whenever the Pool Circuit is on.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
No. A Feature Circuit can be scheduled along with the Pool Circuit. Whichever has the higher RPM wins. The SWCG is ON whenever the Pool Circuit is on.
To clarify
I mean the Pool circuit is running 24/7 and the the Feature comes on 2x/day for 1 hour each (it’s pollen and pine tree season so skimming harder morning and evening). So that means SWG is on for 22 of the 24 hours if I understood earlier, or are you implying that the Pool is on in conjunction with the Feature so the SWG is really on 24 hours and they overlap?

Thanks
B

Reactions: Jimrahbe
So then if I understand you I have a SWG running 22 hrs in a day.
B,

No way for me to know unless I can see all your schedules.

Keep in mind the way the pump works it that if it sees two or more pump speeds, it will always run the faster one.

If you want to run 24/7, you should have Pool on 24/7 and then just turn on the skimming speeds at the same time for the hour or so that you want to increase your pump speed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

No way for me to know unless I can see all your schedules.

Keep in mind the way the pump works it that if it sees two or more pump speeds, it will always run the faster one.

If you want to run 24/7, you should have Pool on 24/7 and then just turn on the skimming speeds at the same time for the hour or so that you want to increase your pump speed.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes that is what i am doing - the “clean pool” is a feature circuit. And i just turned off the egg timer on “Pool”.

Attachments

• E702E7E4-9B1E-49C4-8259-1FECB2CB1A78.png
    E702E7E4-9B1E-49C4-8259-1FECB2CB1A78.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.