New pool/spa build in North Texas Updated: PICS

linen said:
Just for reference, you might want to look at melts comments here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/review-a-a-in-floor-cleaning-system-t24888.html He is suggesting a robotic pool cleaner might be a better choice.

Thanks for posting the link. Definitely appreciate any feedback/comments regarding the in floor system.

I've actually read that post and many others in several different forums. The feedback appears to be mixed, but overall the feedback is about 70% positive from everything I've read. The important thing to keep in mind when reading these testimonials is that for these systems to function properly, many variables must fall into place. namely:

* experience of builder in installing these systems
* manufacturer engineering plan followed to spec
* correct size plumbing, flow heads used.

If you dig deep, you will find many forum posts where users discover the builder is not doing these things. Based on this, its impossible to know what variables are in play for melt's particular situation.

Worst case scenario, I am also having a side suction line plumbed as well. :cheers:

[/quote]Also, all of the heads/other parts are warrantied by A&A for life. The plumbing runs are warrantied by the PB for life.[/quote]

I know this is the same with my auto cover parts (not the actual vinyl cover) but the labor to replace is not covered. When one of my ropes broke the rope was free!! $100.00 plus in labor to install.

ave8e2ed.jpg

Plumbing for A&A in floor cleaning system installed today. 2 inch plumbing was used for the in-floor jets, 2.5 inch for returns, and 3 inch for drain suction. There will be a leaf filter canister installed at the equipment pad right before the pump.

The in-floor heads being used are G4V venturi powered heads from A&A. The skimmers are also venturi powered.

Another interesting note is that the valve control center for the in-floor will be installed directly behind the pool, rather than at the equipment pad. I was told this increases efficiency and performance.

Rebar crew comes tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
9ajy7yva.jpg

Anyone have a take on this? The image shows one side of the raised spa. There are some holes in the shotcrete shell and exposed PVC piping. I know this will be covered in stone but should I be concerned?

gwegan said:
Generally you should have the PVC covered by at least about an inch of concrete. I'd talk to PB.

I sent a text to the builder. He indicated it was fine and will be covered in stone. Overall the wall is about 12 inches thick, just some PVC on the outside showing. I don't know, should I press the issue?

What is the significance of covering the PVC with inch of gunite?

It looks like this occurred because the pipes were butted right against the forms when gunite was shot. This appears to be similiar to what I've seen in other build threads.

Any other opinions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.