New Pool -- Southlake, TX (near Dallas)

jv92red said:
How nice are your neighbors? Cause if they were really nice..... :cool:
Not to be a buzzkill but when my neighbors had their pool built, this is what their pool builder did. I wasnt sure if I heard my doorbell ring at 6:45 on a weekday morning, but i knew it was them when i came home to find my garden hose piled up next to my wall. I was not a happy camper. I never rose a stink over it because it did not affect my water bill, but if it did...

Concerning the light, if the blue colorant lens doesn't work well enough, you could always swap out the bulb to a 300 watt.

That's the (brightness of) incandescent bulb the pool builder I am going to be contracting uses in his pool builds.

I realize that's probably not something you want to do though.

ragedogg69 said:
jv92red said:
How nice are your neighbors? Cause if they were really nice..... :cool:
Not to be a buzzkill but when my neighbors had their pool built, this is what their pool builder did. I wasnt sure if I heard my doorbell ring at 6:45 on a weekday morning, but i knew it was them when i came home to find my garden hose piled up next to my wall. I was not a happy camper. I never rose a stink over it because it did not affect my water bill, but if it did...

WHAAAAT? That is crazy... I can't imagine using someone else's water without asking.

Update: PB has all but finished the final details of the build. We've had water in the pool for a week now and the chemistry is settling down OK.

Today is the final clean-up day for them to go over all the tile, coping, deck, etc to clean off any residual plaster, etc and do last thorough brushing of the plaster and a full clean-out of the filtration system.

All equipment has been tested and works (except for the Polaris cleaner since we want to give the plaster curing process more time and also try to eliminate the final washed off pebbles from the pebblesheen to avoid jamming the gears).

I'll post some final pictures over the weekend.

Thanks again to all who provided guidance and encouragement and support on this thread over the last 6 weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.