New Pool project - Round Rock, TX

I would tend to agree except that since I converted from salt water to bleach it seems to have slowed down. When we first moved in it seemed I would find pieces in the pool everyday. Maybe it slowed down because I work to balance the water more than the previous owners. Also besides the coping, my window lintels around the pool, the screws in the downspouts around the pool and the three closest sections of iron fence all have lots rust on them.

I didn't bolt down any of my equipment and for 7 years have not had a problem. They sell vibration matts if your worried about it. I also have Oklahoma flagstone and the only thing that I have found is erosion from wind. Which from the looks of it you will have also. I ended up sealing mine which slowed the erosion down.

Update:

The city just lifted the stage II watering retstrictions this week. The sod and the rest of the plants went in yesterday. We had done some planting around the pool earlier this month, and with the rain we have had it was fine. I hired out the sod and the rest of the planting since I had spent several hours with a pick digging the holes for about 6 bushes (lots of rock). Pictures to come soon.

We survived the winter with the trees. There were about two weeks in December or so where it dropped leaves heavily. Not really a big issue, just had to empty skimmer baskets routinely every day. The Post Oak leaves float, so no real big deal there. The other tree is more of a pain with smaller leaves that sink, I think it is a Cedar Elm, but the cleaner does a good job there. The Oak also had some of those seed pods, or whatever they are, for about a week in March. Those are a pain since most of that stuff goes through the skimmers and winds up in the pump strainer. Now that the trees are green again, the wife reports that the shade on the deck is perfect. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it in the daylight yet... :( The kids couldn't wait and have already been in the pool several times (water is 68-70 degrees)

When our trees around us went into bloom, and had the pods and Crud it was pretty bad. Skimmers full, and I mean FULL every day, and enough made it through the basket holes to fill the pump strainer basket CHOCK full which I didnt discover until I checked the return pressure one day by hand feel and it wasnt nearly full force... the pump basket was so full that in the dark looking at it I couldnt tell it was full until I took the lid off and realized the dark stuff wasnt water it was a solid mass of crapola.

that was for two weeks... now its been great for the past couple of weeks... the polaris has kept up with everything.

maxepr1 said:
I didn't bolt down any of my equipment and for 7 years have not had a problem. They sell vibration matts if your worried about it. I also have Oklahoma flagstone and the only thing that I have found is erosion from wind. Which from the looks of it you will have also. I ended up sealing mine which slowed the erosion down.

Maxerp1,

I put some cut up bicycle tube under the pump feet and that greatly quieted the noise transmitted into the house. Its all good now.

BTW, what did you seal the stone with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.