New Pool - Pentair EasyTouch system - Schedules not working!

GMD999

Feb 24, 2024
Naples /FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi, I have a new home in Florida with a salt pool (and spillover spa) controlled with an EasyTouch (PL4/PSL4) Control System. I thought I sort of understood how things work so I set up a schedule to have the Pool start at 9:00am and stop at 8:00pm every day. However, nothing happens! I'm using the ScreenLogic app to set the schedule. I see that there are 7 Egg Timers showing which I can edit the run times, but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete them or add new ones. I changed the Pool Egg Timer to run for 3 hours only, which seems to work.

Any thoughts on the steps I should take to figure out what is wrong?

The lite version of the EasyTouch can only have a total of 4 schedules or egg-timers.. The problem is that ScreenLogic will let you enter a bazillion, they just won't work..

Any egg-timer not set to the default of 12 hours, counts as a schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks. I guess that suggests that I have the Lite Version of EasyTouch! Who knew? :oops:

Your comments seem to explain why the schedule wasn't working because I had already changed 4 of the egg timers! I set the Egg Timers all back to 12 hours so hopefully the program will now run.

The max of 4 is certainly limiting!

Gary

Gary,

You said you had a PL4/PSL4)... The "L" stands for "lite", like the type of salad dressing I never buy... :mrgreen:

If you have Circuit breakers below the relays in your EasyTouch, then you have a real EasyTouch, which has a max of 12 schedules.. If there is no place for your circuit breakers below the relays, then you have the lite version.

Egg-timers are there for things you want to manually turn on, and then have the system automatically turn off after a set period of time.

Schedules are automatically turned on and off... And generally never manually turned on..

Thanks,

Jim R.