New pool owner

Re: New Test Results after heavy rain.

There really isn't any adjustments needed, just let the FC fall back down on its own. The pH is not considered to be accurate due to the FC being above 10. Usually rains do not affect the chemical readings by much as the added water is still a small percentage of the overall water in your 15K gallon pool.

No you did not. With a CYA of 60ppm, shock level is 24ppm.
Although at this point I have no idea what you are intending to do.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also no way your CYA dropped from 80 to 60ppm unless you replaced 25% of your water.

Now learning, I figure the only adjustment is to bring the TA down to 100 ppm and PH down to 7.6 ppm after I get the FC down to 5 ppm
I will wait about 3 days before i do another test to see if the FC comes down.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I replaced 25 percent of the pool water and it rained heavy for 2 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test results 2 May 2015, Added 32 ounces of MA, 26 ounces of 8.5 percent bleach, and added 1 pound of CH, Did drain 8% water.

CL 5.5
CC - .5
PH - 7.6
TA - 120
CH - 240
CYA - 55

Will add 26 ounces of MA to bring PH to 7.2 this will reduce the Ta, then aerate to bring up the PH, Will add 32 ounces of calcium to increase CH. What do you think Pool is clear and blue.

Tested 11 May 2015

FC 4

CC .5

PH 7.6 ADDED 1\QT ma

AL 70 ADDED 57 OZ OF BAKING SODA TO BRING THE AL TO 90

CH 270 WILL BRING THAT UP TO 300 LATER

CYA 50

ADDING BAKING SODA BRINGS THE TA UP BUT ADDING MA BRINGS IT DOWN. I GUESS I WILL BRING THE PH TO 7.0 AND LET THE WATER FALL INCREASE THE PH, AND INCREASE THE TA SLOWLY.

Please do not type in all caps ... it is considered shouting.

A TA of 70ppm is fine. No need to raise it ... and adding baking soda does VERY little to the pH.

Of more concern is your FC being at the minimum for your CYA ... you need to get that FC up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.