New pool owner what next

I just tested with the block and chlorine was between 1 and 2 and PH is 8.2. Every time I test, even if the chlorine is perfect, the ph is high. i have an swg. I have added dry acid and afterward… ph still high.

For now, add some liquid chlorine. Your SWG cannot increase FC as quickly as you need to be at the moment. I would ensure the FC is somewhere between 5-7 ppm. AN FC of 1-2 ppm is much too low (algae). When you test the FC, use the powder & drops from your TF-Pro. The block viewer only gives you "total" chlorine and that's not accurate enough at this time.

As for the pH, the rate of rise depends on things like amount of aeration in the water, the TA/pH of your fill water, and your pools TA. What is the pool TA? To lower the pH, we recommend muriatic acid. It's fast and very effective. Dry acid adds sulfates which can (over time) be harmful to your SWG. Use muriatic acid to lower the pH down to about 7.4 this time.

Next time you post, consider posting all of your numbers so we can make an accurate assessment.

FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Reactions: cdadams1223
pool math doesn’t tell me how much chlorine to add based on cc levels.. only fc levels.
You have an 8400 gallon pool. In the Pool Math app, go to “Effects of Adding”, use the drop down to note the % chlorine you’re adding, and it will show you how much to add to increase it between 5-7ppm.

Add 5ppm or in your case 54 fluid oz of 10% liquid chlorine or 43 fluid oz of 12% liquid chlorine. Not sure which one you have. Pool Math is your friend though. Makes it easy to figure these things out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.