New pool owner - SWG

So, just to give an update....

At 4 pm yesterday my FC was 11.5 so I added bleach to bring back to 15
At 8 pm with the sun waning, my FC was exactly 15 (gotta love pool math)
At 6 am with overcast skies, my FC was 14 or maybe 13.5. I don't know if my wish for 14 clouded my judgement ;) My CC was 0. We did get rain last night for about 2 hours, heavy at times.

The pool looks somewhat bluer this morning in the deep end...don't know if that's because of no sun and time of day, or actually more blue.

It's no big deal whether this OCLT was a pass or fail as I'm dropping to 12 today but still technically at SLAM level, so I'll just do another OCLT tonight.

Busy day prepping for party...we have 60!! RSVPs with probably 20+ kids, so the pool will be put to a major test tomorrow!

Our own son has been dying to get in, so I'll probably let him in around mid day when the FC has dropped to 12 or less.

Thanks again to everyone for helping turn a disaster into a success!

Quick question....So today is a week since I started Slam last saturday when I added CYA. I'm still reading around 22. Should I hang a sock with some CYA now or wait until after the party. In otherwords is it safe to swim with CYA being mixed in via the sock method? Or maybe this time I should hang it in the skimmer.

I dropped the FC to 8 just to do a PH test and it was 7.4 so I feel good there.

You can hang it now BUT I would take it out while there are people there. Just mommy gut saying you KNOW someone will mess with it! No it will not hurt anyone but why take any chances?

Look at you "I dropped the FC to 8 just to do a PH test and it was 7.4 so I feel good there." You have learned so much! SWEET!

Kim

Yes I have thanks to you guys! The pool owner called me today, and I turned him on to this site. I think he'll take some of it to heart, because he admitted that most pool companies are just trying to sell chemicals, but his company is just trying to build pools. And his tech is very weak on chemical balancing. He knows what to do with a city water fill (throw in 16 bags of salt, turn the SWG on and walk away), but doesn't know much else. They don't service pools really. He doesn't need the chem business to support his sales model. He admitted his brother actually has been using 'some site' to do liquid bleach maintenance of his own pool. I wonder.... ;)

Just to close this one out...OCLT passed...I actually gained .5 ppm (I know...user error) :) Keeping the FC at 10 until the party, and will bring back up tonight before going to bed to kill all the nasties the party goers leave behind. Then tomorrow, my salt kit comes in from TFTkits (had a friend who lives near them pick one up) and I'll get the SWG going.

Final picture pre-party

July%204_zpsw7jktfwr.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.