New pool owner, pool is sucking down chlorine and money!

Just to followup. I got back around 4PM Sunday to a pool with FC of 20! I cut off the auto cholrinator immediately and uncovered the pool to allow the pool to breath and the hot sun to zap up some of that FC.

Though that is much higher than I would like to pool to get to I took it as a very good sign that my chlorine demand has gone down significantly.

Thanks again for all the help.

Just a comment. In my neck of the woods which is not tremendously far away we have had terrible RAIN. And I mean rain. Almost every day. Many of those days were sunny all day and then we would get a few hours of rain in the late evening. Like monsoons, a few inches per hour. When the kids get rowdy in the pool I loose about 2 inches of water. When it rains it tops it off to the point that water is pouring out the sides. I had all my levels looking good and ended up with a similar scenario. I realized I had dropped my CYA due to the rain. Once I got the CYA squared away I started testing my CYA more often because of the rain washing it out. I also noted that after any serious rain I would get a CC of .5. I wonder if you are getting the same rain and if it is contributing to what you are experiencing. Also I created a spreadsheet and followed what was going on with my levels. This helped alot. I could look at the weather and figure in my regular loss of chlorine and predict what I should add before looking at the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ recommendations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.