New pool owner needs new pump

Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

You are not in danger of scale unless your CSI gets to be > +0.6

You CSI is as low (but in range) as it is primarily because your pH is so low I think.

The problem is that based on your latest test, your CYA is up around 200 which is going to be VERY difficult to maintain adequate FC.

I would suggest a 75% water change ... or 2 50% water changes. Not only will that lower your CYA down to around 50, but also your CH should drop to about 250ppm.

Sucks to have to change out that much water, I know. But that or RO treatment is the only way to lower CYA and CH.

All the more reason to avoid any CYA-adding sources of chlorine.

Sorry, my CYA number was doubled from the physical test. The test with half and half was just under 50, or over depending on how you think of it... about 48.9736ppm :wink:

The only thing I have no idea about is the salt content. Maybe I will have the pool store test that next time in so I can get a more acurate CSI number. I just used 500.

Ah, well CYA of 100 can still be tricky although not impossible ... I stand by my recommendation of a 50% water change :)

How are you getting results to the 4 decimal place (or are you just messing with me?) The TF-100 CYA test is only good to about +/- 10 anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.