New Pool Owner - need to get started

I was just getting ready to go to store to get baking soda and chlorine and decided to test my water before leaving. Here are the results:

FC - 1.5
TC - 4
TA = 40
pH - 7.2
CH - 280
CYA - 30

I went ahead and added the last leftover bag of Cal-hypo (73%) before I left for store. We had an inch or more of rain this week. The pool water looks good but I am worried about the CC level now.

I added 20 oz of Cal-Hypo (73%) to use up the last of my leftover shock and then added 182 oz of 6% liquid bleach just before dark. I also put in 13.5 pounds of baking soda. I will recheck the numbers tomorrow and post the results.

I am also going to get a floating chlorinator tomorrow for the trichlor pucks until I can get a inline chlorinator installed.

I was wondering if anyone has advice on acid cleaning the plaster when I drain my pool to replace the tile this summer (see my previous note above)?

Thanks for the help.

Here are today's numbers:

FC - 5
TC - 5
TA = 80
pH - 7.4
CH - 240
CYA - 30

The pool is actually as clear as I have seen it yet! I can see every detail on the bottom even in the deep end.

I didn't get the chlorinator today. Started reading TFP on an inline chlorinator. Any suggestions on what brand/model to get?

gzavilla said:
Here are today's numbers:

FC - 5
TC - 5
TA = 80
pH - 7.4
CH - 240
CYA - 30

The pool is actually as clear as I have seen it yet! I can see every detail on the bottom even in the deep end.

I didn't get the chlorinator today. Started reading TFP on an inline chlorinator. Any suggestions on what brand/model to get?
Uh-oh, I think he's catching sparklypoolitis!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.