New pool owner looking at 35' Leisure Ultimate pool

maj24

Jun 6, 2015
Ottawa
Hi,

This will be our first pool. We have pretty much settled on the 35' Leisure Ultimate Pool which has a built in spill over spa and splash deck. We are in the process of choosing our installer.

I am getting mixed opinions on how to do the spill over spa. Installer 1 said I will need a separate pump for jets. The other said that I just need one since when the spa is in use you switch some valves to have all water flow through spa and you can heat that to 100 while in use.

I also have no idea which pump/filter/heater etc are best. We live in Ottawa so obviously the sap won't be used in the winter and we are fine with that.

This is what we want:

1) Heat pool 80-85
2) ability to run spa at 100 (doesn't have to be full time).
3) salt water
4) LED
5) spa jets
6) should we use a pool shed for pump/heater?

Any suggestions how to best set up the spa and a recommended list of which equipment we should use would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

I am a big fan of my Pentair 3hp VS pump because we can dial in whatever water flow we need for each situation. I am not familiar enough with what you are getting to advise on whether 2hp is enough. I would think yes, but I don't want to misinform you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.