New pool owner - I have lots to learn - cloudy pool water

I got my kit with the speed stir and ran the tests. I've been putting a half gallon of bleach in the pool per day (didn't get to it today though).

FC: 6 (12 drops)
CC: .5 (1 drop)
TC: 6.5
CH: 375 (15 drops) - not confident on this one - the drops came out weirdly - some smaller than others, I couldn't get them uniform
TA: 130 (13 drops) - not sure about this; it flashed red at 10 drops, then turned clear, and same for 11-12; at drop 13, it stayed red so that's what I recorded
CYA: 30 (level was between 30 and 20 but closer to 30)
PH: ~7.5

Could the pool place have been off by that much or is the water changing due to the half gallon of bleach a day?

So I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

Will do. Could you tell me what indicated I need to SLAM? My FC is not 0 and my CC not above .5 (the two indicators mentioned in the article). I just want to understand so I can tell for myself in the future.

Th water is now clearish with some sediment that we have to vacuum up. It still has a light greenish blue tint.

I'll never doubt the experts again! My FC was lowish tonighr so I SLAM'd with 2 gallons of 10% pool chlorine per pool math calc targeting 10 FC. Maybe I should've us d a little less cuz I measured an hour later and it was 12. Will check in the morning.

I wiped bottle for CH test and it tuned blue at 9 drops.

thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are saying your water is "clearish" We do not want clearish. We want clear as in you can see the screw heads on the main drain. That is when you can stop. If you stop before it is clear you will have to start it back up when you see your levels dropping.

This is the longest part as you are tired of adding, brushing, testing, messing LOL but you have come so far so....lets keep going and turn that pool into a jewel :sun:

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.