New pool owner, feeling totally overwhelmed

No, I don't think you need to. 1.5 loss with sun in over 12 hours isn't much. And .5 or less CC is good. I assume the water is clear. You can maintain elevated FC for a few more days and brush daily to be extra cautious. Maybe bring FC to 10 each evening and again each morning.

Thank you for the responses.. I am SO psyched! I performed the OCLT and I think the water is clean!

Last night at 7:45pm:
FC: 20.5
CC: 0

This morning at 6am:
FC: 20
CC: .5

Does that mean we could swim today? I think I remember reading that it is safe to swim up to the shock level of chlorine for your CYA as long as you're not drinking in the water, is that right?

Hooray!!!

Thank you SO SO SO much to everyone who takes the time out of their day to help out those of us just getting started, I know we still have a ton to learn but when I think of those first few days of us staring at the pool and its equipment with a deer-in-the-headlights look on our faces and a rising sense of panic I am amazed at how far we have come. I truly cannot thank you all enough! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.