New pool owner, converting from Baq to Chlorine

All of that baqua-goo has gone through your sand, and most has been backwashed away. The sand, however, being the rough stuff that it is (which makes it good for filtering) will hang on to bits of the baqua-goo. Your chlorine will spend all its time trying to sanitize the goo left in your sand, and there will be none left to sanitize your water, which sets you up for all kinds of trouble - pathogens, algae, oh my! The easiest (and probably cheapest) way to avoid all of this is by changing your sand and cleaning out your filter!

I have pictures, finally!

I didn't have a good "before" image but you can see how the water looks before (clear) and how it's changing as we pour in the bleach. It was an instant reaction! Then we had really green, cloudy water. Then disgusting tan/brown foamy Crud, then green water, then clear! You can see our bug robot cleaning the debris off the bottom of our clear pool at the end. Sorry for all the night shots, it was when we could really tackle the pool!

I wanted to post these, and again, say thank you for all your help in the conversion. We now have a beautiful chlorine pool :)

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0694.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0694.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of IMG_0693.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0693.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of IMG_0692.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0692.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 19
The last few, and it looks way better than this last shot now (which was taking in the rain). It's crystal clear! THANK YOU.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0691.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0691.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of IMG_0698.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0698.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.