New pool owner...bought house with in ground fiberglass pool

Re: New pool owner...bought house with in ground fiberglass

I'm leaving on Saturday morning, so I figured I should test out the automatic feeder today to see how FC levels hold up.

I just added five 8oz pucks to the feeder, figuring this should last the 9 days until Saturday 9/8 when I get back. I have the feeder set halfway at 2.5 (from a range of 1 - 5, obviously).

My ph is 7.8, so that's good to start off with since the tri chlor pucks will bring down my ph, right? I'm going to test later today around 7:30, and then again tomorrow morning to see how FC levels are holding up.

My current CYA is 40, so with these five tablets added, I'm assuming CYA will be around 54 when I return. I'm shooting to maintain a FC level of 7 while I'm gone, but anywhere from 5 - 7 is fine?

Re: New pool owner...bought house with in ground fiberglass

I suppose I should also mention, I'm going to be keeping pump running 24/7...

based on your experience (anyone out there)....should I lower the dial on the automatic feeder because I'm running the pump 24/7?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.