New Pool, Newbie - What to do next

I am almost done draining to within 1 foot of the shallow end. Once I start filling, is there anything I should do while filling it back up? How about once it is filled? just looking for advise so I can get this right the 5th time?
I appreciate all the help and want to get the steps in the right order so I can try to avoid this again?

I am almost done draining to within 1 foot of the shallow end. Once I start filling, is there anything I should do while filling it back up? How about once it is filled? just looking for advise so I can get this right the 5th time?
I appreciate all the help and want to get the steps in the right order so I can try to avoid this again?
Fill it up, get it circulating, add 2 or 3 ppm of bleach and let things mix awhile. At least an hour. Then take some readings and post results. We'll get you straightened out.

It's hard to believe right now, but in about a month, it will be so routine and easy you'll think back and just marvel that you ever could have gotten so confused.

I am almost done draining the pool to within 1 foot of the shallow end. I will then begin the re-fill. I just wanted to see if there is anything I should do while the pool is filling back up? How about once it is filled? I just want to make sure that I take the correct steps this time so I don't have to go through this again. I really appreciate all the help!!!
While it's filling, I suggest you relax with a cold beverage.

The best you can do is estimate what the readings will be since you can't tell exactly how much water you replaced, and dosing the pool based on guesswork is not the TFPC way!

The pool's not green and slimy, is it? Then don't panic - it won't get that way in a couple hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK....After about 36 hours....I drained over 1/2 of the pool, re-filled it, back washed the filter, vacuumed and brushed the walls, I did add about 60ozs of bleach (8.25%), and let the pump run for a couple of hours
HERE ARE MY TEST RESULTS
FC- 9
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
TA - 190
CH - 250

AND.........CYA - 35 (with a big smile on my face)

I know the FC is high as well as the TA.
water is flowing and LOOKS nice and clear.
Just looking for what I should do next?
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP UP TO THIS POINT

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.