New pool, new plaster, first time owner- need help

shadetree

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2014
Allen, Texas
Our pool was completed a week ago. It's the PB version of pebbletec.
I'm on Tapatalk so I can't add the details of the pool on a signature. So, 20,000 gallons, pool and spa. Spa falls into pool. 2 scuppers.

Using tf-100 for testing. 8.25% bleach and 31.45% muratic acid. No SWG, just going to use liquid bleach for chlorine.

Testing from 10/25
Using k-1000
Cl-1
Br-2
Ph- 8.2
Using tf-100
Cl drop test- 2
CC-0
Cya- less than 20
Calcium hardness- 300
TA- 120

So using pool math I added:
89 oz bleach
44 oz muratic acid

Today testing is:
K-1000
Cl- 2
Br-4
Ph- 8.2
Tf-100
Cl drop test- 2.5
CC-0
Cya- less than 20
Calcium hardness- 400
TA- 130

Pool math is telling me to add:
118 oz bleach
71 oz muratic acid to get pH to 7.3 (since I assume it will continue to climb with new plaster and scuppers)

The CSI says it is .95, but I'm not sure if that should be a focus right now.

I know I also need to get som CYA into pool. Should I target 40?

Thanks for any help.

Yes. PB only started pool up and put chemicals in on 1st and 3rd day. Then passed things on to me. I want to handle maintaining the pool based on what I have read here. But the pH is getting fairly high and I want to make sure I don't damage the plaster. I'll add the above chemicals tonight and test again tomorrow after work and post again.
Thanks.

Sounds good. It sounds like you are aware that the aeration caused by the scuppers also raises pH. If pH rises faster than you can add MA, can you regulate the amount of time the scuppers are on each day? That might help until things settle down...

PB hasn't put actuators on the scuppers yet. So they run when the filter runs. PB set filter to run full speed (it's a variable speed jandy) from 8a-5p for 2 weeks while plaster is curing and I'm brushing twice a day.
Hopefully this gets things on track and I'll feel more comfortable handling it on my own. Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.