Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello!
Not sure if this was the correct forum for this. Apologies if not, feel free to relocate as appropriate.

I am getting a new liner this year and I am heavily leaning toward the Shimmer Stone line from GLI: SHIMMER STONE FOR DESTINATION SERIES
Specifically either the Esagono or Obsidian. I want a darker color for my pool so am leaning towards something with grey tones.

This liner style is quoted as being about $700 more expensive (27 mils) vs. a standard non-shimmer liner (20 mils). In trying to decide to spend the extra $$, I have two questions:
1. Has anyone installed or seen a Shimmer Stone liner in person and can you confirm if you actually see the shimmer effect strongly through the water?
2. I've heard positives and negatives for both a 20 mils & 27 mils thickness. Do any of you feel strongly one way or the other and if so, why?

Thanks!
Stephanie

Attachments

• Pool.png
    Pool.png
    794.6 KB · Views: 17
Has anyone installed or seen a Shimmer Stone liner in person and can you confirm if you actually see the shimmer effect strongly through the water?
No idea. :( Hang tight.

I've heard positives and negatives for both a 20 mils & 27 mils thickness. Do any of you feel strongly one way or the other and if so, why?
I feel very strongly for thicker liners. Because kids, dogs or even a pool brush/net with sharp edge you didnt see yet. Especially as it gets older and brittle, every bit of strength helps.

Reactions: Stephs2125
No idea. :( Hang tight.

I feel very strongly for thicker liners. Because kids, dogs or even a pool brush/net with sharp edge you didnt see yet. Especially as it gets older and brittle, every bit of strength helps.
Noted. The biggest negative I've heard about thicker liners is that they are more likely to pull away from the coping, especially around corners and especially as they age. Any thoughts on that?

The corners should be liner locked to hold them in place on any vinyl pool. I am a fan of doing the whole liner at the start instead of waiting to see which spots get loose and pull out. Liner lock is cheap insurance. See the bottom of this link for a visual.

120 ft should be in the $30 range.

Liner lock

Lets see if this link is any help:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.