New Pool - Liner Not fitting well

Fenderman

Apr 25, 2023
Toronto, ON
Hi There - I had a 20,000 gallon pool built through last fall that had the liner installed in cold weather.

Got the pool fired up the other day just to ensure all equipment was running properly, and had some hopes of getting the pool filled and heated to stretch the liner into the corners and steps (which are all 90 degree).

We have a friend in the pool industry (30+ years) so he supplied the equipment and liner, and the pool builder did the install. Pool builder feels the liner is a bit "tight", and the euqipment supplier thinks it was measured right / installed wrong and needs to be reset. As you can see formt he pics attahced there are some wrinkles to deal with and the corners do not fit at all anywhere...

Thoughts on if the liner will fit? The pool builder is being good and agreeing to do what he can to adjust / reset as needed.

Pool 3.jpgPool 2.jpgPool 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP. Sorry to be meeting this way.

My first question is WHO measured for the liner? Once that is answered we can go from there.
Not the pool builder - but the gentleman who I purchased all the equipment through did the measuring (he has been building pools and working direct for suppliers for 30+ years, so is very experienced).

I know its a weird arrangement - and likely going to bite me in the butt - but this is how the project was setup from the start. I supply all material and the pool builder does all the excavation / install etc...

I'm hoping in the end it can all be stretched into place with some warmer weather and water temps. Both the supplier and builder are aware of the issue and seem willing to stand by their products/work.

First of all, I would never have a 90 degree corner on a vinyl liner pool because it will never fit in the corner correctly.

All liners require a liner measurement form that looks like the below picture.

Get a copy of the form and check all dimensions to see if they are correct.

The manufacturer should also know if the liner is going to be installed in hot, warm or cold weather so they can adjust the cut if necessary.

1682525575019.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.