New Pool Layout/Permit Question - Phoenix Area

Aug 27, 2017
Scottsdale az
Starting the design/layout phase in the Phoenix east valley area...not going to work with any mega pool companies, decided on the advice of a friend who built his on his own with subs. I am seeking possible help to perfect the layout/design of the pool in concert with my vision of the backyard. Does anyone know of a company that just specializes in assisting with this specifically? I have lots of ideas but want some additional assistance.

Second question, how are people dealing with permits? Are they getting them or not?

Thanks.

We are using a company in Scottsdale that just does design. You can get structural engineering from them too but it's cheaper to go to an engineering firm. Ours will cost $560 for design and engineering. PM if you want company name.

I highly recommend getting a permit. The cost is minimal (when compared to the whole cost of the pool). Also, I see you are located in Scottsdale. They have been known in the past to ride around and issue stop-work orders for un-permitted work. Not to mention, selling your house in the future with an un-permitted pool could pose an issue.

I used BYOP and they arranged the entire permit process, and IMO it was a mere formality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.