New Pool Install

This is so sobering to see. I hope I'm not getting too personal. Forgive me if it is.
I hope your granddaughter was not there at the time to see it happening. That would be so traumatic for a young child.
Have they determined what caused it?

She was not with me. My daughter was just moments from leaving when I called her to tell her not to bring her because the house as burning down. We do not know yet as the insurance company is doing an investigation. The granddaughter called me from Pappy's house n was asking me what happened (she's 7) and she just burst into tears because all of our stuff is gone. I'm going to make this better for her. I'm so grateful we were not sleeping when it tore through the house!

I'm going to make this better for her.
Oh yes you will !! And then some. You often think you are helping her, but she is helping you just as much by giving you the drive and determination to accomplish anything.

I sit back this morning to read a thread about knowledgeable person building her pool. Looking great, fretting little things like seams and spray paint then.... it's just not important anymore. I'm so sorry this happened. You got a lot of fans here. I'm sure you have them in your local community also. It's our turn to help. Let us know if you need anything.

Everything changes in an instant.

You and your husband watching, feeling helpless, was awful. I'm so glad to hear your grnddtr was not there to watch it happen. Even though she's upset, the memories of it would give her nightmares. EDIT: if she had watched it happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are looking at buying another home so we can put this behind us and move on. Its going to take to long to rebuild. Any money collected will go to a down payment to get into a new home.

I spoke with my insurance company and Lynn said, "You n Jim are our #1 priority. They had guys at the house today looking at it n clearing off the porch. I have 2 wonderful neighbors who are watching it and a son who circles past it daily to make sure no one is there who's not supposed to be there.

New here and was enjoying watching your build. I’m so sorry your family is going thru this. We are almost 4 years post recovery after losing our home and all belongings to a flash flood in the middle of the night. Waters busted in our front doors and were up over our little girls’ head. Happy to hear you are all safe and your grand didn’t witness it. My youngest feared filling bath tubs for 2+ years! Best wishes dealing with insurance and quick recovery. In the moment , it felt like things took forever, but in hindsight we were very blessed from help of friends, family, and community - many didn’t even know us personally. I hope the same for you.

Thank you guys so much. This has truly been the lowest of lows for us. I just cant believe we are going through this. House hunting on top of it sucks!

So Jim called me when I was on my way home today. The neighbor below me feels that the pipe I laid down through the yard (the guy who was in the house said I could do this) was his pipe. Um... being on a hill, I have to have a way to discharge my waste water without flooding people out n I was also killing another bird with the same stone by moving spring water away from my pool too. Here is the letter he plastered on the garage door.

Yea, I called him. He's yet to call me back but when he does, I will tell him that when he calls the code enforcement on me, I will let them know that he tapped into MY pipe I laid last year!!! So guess what I did... I took my dang pipe back! :mrgreen: I walked myself down over the hill n drug it back up over the hill (he came up to my yard last night n removed my pool hose n threw it back in the pool. The pool had a ft of water left to drain!)... mind you I was still in my uniform from work when I did all this. His snarky note got him no where to drain his rain run off. He even told Jim I flooded his property. That dirt is bone dry! I told Jim he can take himself to Lowes n pay $20-$30 a section n run a 100ft of it on his own dime. I hope he calls me back because I'm in no mood with 20+ pics dated last May n June to be dealing with this dude.

Yea... I took all 250ft of corrugated hose back!!! Every last foot of it!

Attachments

• 20200531_165947.jpg
    20200531_165947.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20200531-171840_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-171840_Gallery.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200531_160007.jpg
    20200531_160007.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200531_160012.jpg
    20200531_160012.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.