New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 9/20

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 9/12

I'm no cage installing expert but it looks like they're installing the cage the hard way. When they did my cage they put the screen on while it was still on the ground and installed the completed roof sections. Maybe because your cage is larger they did it this way. It's going to look great when it is finished.

I'm not either, AlanE - but I agree with you. They have done a half days work every day they have been here. They should have been done by now. (They started Wednesday) Next weeks schedule is at jeopardy as I had to tell my construction manager to push child safety fence to Tuesday - if it affects the plaster install, I am going to scream. We just want to swim already! :swim:

FINALLY finished screen yesterday! Child safety fence went up and we had our solar panels installed. More happened yesterday than all last week!! Still on track for filling pool Saturday! Inspection today for safety fence and then shell prep tomorrow.

photo 2 by vanibrown, on Flickr

photo 3 by vanibrown, on Flickr

photo 1 by vanibrown, on Flickr

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 9/18

cbink said:
Looking good!! What make is the child fence? We are having one put in on the 30th.

Almost there...!

I'm not sure, pool builder did it for us. We won't use it unless we have a babysitter at the house etc I like the convenience for sure.

I look at your screen and I have two thoughts: 1. Here in Texas the first hail storm would knock the Crud out of it; and 2. you need some parakeets running loose in there.

KenGood said:
I look at your screen and I have two thoughts: 1. Here in Texas the first hail storm would knock the **** out of it; and 2. you need some parakeets running loose in there.

Funny! There a million + different kinds of bugs here - hurricanes knock them down here every year - but they make your outdoor area useable 365 days a year...

AlanE said:
vanibrown said:
hurricanes knock them down here every year - but they make your outdoor area useable 365 days a year...
I haven't asked my Ins Co what the added premium would be for covering the cage. Have you looked into it?

I had heard they stopped insuring screen enclosures but I haven't called my agent yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

New to the forum...Looks like a great job from start to finish. Very nice pavers. I'm in E Hillsborough and am currently getting estimates for pavers to replace crappy concrete deck around our inground pool. Only issues I'm having is drainage as our yard is uneven. Not super hilly, but uneven enough to not want to spend thousands and have pavers wash out due to pitch issues After demo of concrete, I'm still deciding on a deco drain between house and pool, I may want a channel drain due to the heavy rainstorms here. Also have 2 downspouts that I will run under pavers with flex or hard piping. While you were getting estimates did you have any drainage issues with your yard and the proposed pool and deck that had to be addressed? If so how did you correct them? Good luck with competed project.

voyager said:
New to the forum...Looks like a great job from start to finish. Very nice pavers. I'm in E Hillsborough and am currently getting estimates for pavers to replace crappy concrete deck around our inground pool. Only issues I'm having is drainage as our yard is uneven. Not super hilly, but uneven enough to not want to spend thousands and have pavers wash out due to pitch issues After demo of concrete, I'm still deciding on a deco drain between house and pool, I may want a channel drain due to the heavy rainstorms here. Also have 2 downspouts that I will run under pavers with flex or hard piping. While you were getting estimates did you have any drainage issues with your yard and the proposed pool and deck that had to be addressed? If so how did you correct them? Good luck with competed project.
I didn't have any major issues, no - but a good company will address it with you and go from there. Pavers are really nice, and would provide better drainage.

I have a deco drain, I didn't need to remove grates because we have a screen.

Are you in Hillsborough? If so, how did the deco drain work out with the rains the last few days. Did the paver co have to level and pitch the area outside the screen to avoid any backfill issues? If so, how did they address this?

Wow! Love the deck pavers. tile and Blue Granite Pebble sheen combo...Excited to see how it looks filled up(day and night pics:)! Can you please supply installers name that did pavers?
Boom is right!

Any final pics of this filled up? For those of you curious, a properly installed screen enclosure can have up to a 130mph wind resistance rating. The builder I am eventually going to use constructs his enclosures in this manner. As for hail, that is not really seen in FL, just lots of heat, humidity, critters, wind, and rain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.