New pool, first test results with TF 100

Test results from the daily test are below, how do I know if it needs anything based on these numbers?

CL - 1
BR - 2
PH - 7.2
FC - 8
Cc - 0
CH - 150
TA - 130
Cya - 40

should I add anything today? Pool math says a ton of soda ash and acid.
I see problems.

1) You don't use Bromine, so the BR reading is useless.
2) CL and FC should be the same, or at least close. They're both reading the chlorine level in the pool, and there's no way you have 1 and 8 at the same time. Even if you used the wrong factor on the drops, they're still not even close. If you're unable to distinguish the shades of yellow on the CL test, don't use it.
3) There's nothing wrong with the pH and the TA levels. What numbers did you put in as your targets?

I
I see problems.

1) You don't use Bromine, so the BR reading is useless.
2) CL and FC should be the same, or at least close. They're both reading the chlorine level in the pool, and there's no way you have 1 and 8 at the same time. Even if you used the wrong factor on the drops, they're still not even close. If you're unable to distinguish the shades of yellow on the CL test, don't use it.
3) There's nothing wrong with the pH and the TA levels. What numbers did you put in as your targets?

I didn't put any targets in, I let it autopopulate with the trouble free pool method. Should I change my targets vs what they auto input?

I'll have to snap a pic, that yellow looked awfully light against a white shirt of paper...... Ill post pic soon.

Today's results

CL - 5
BR - 10
PH - 7.5
FC - 9
CC - 0
CH - 175
TA - 140
CYA - 50

Any additions needed?

Ignore the BR reading, you're not using bromine.

Pool math says replace 20% of my water...it rained all day today and the pool is full! Hopefully that helped!
Rain can help to dilute CYA by overflow or if you pump some water out before it rains.
I'm unable to offer an opinion on the ideal CYA for your climate, but I'd say that with a DE filter, your CYA would slowly come down with backwashing in the absence of any CYA addition.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love the feel of salt water pools, and especially the effect on the skin and hair (my wife and daughters) after you get out of the pool.

How do the other numbers look? Do I need to add anything yet? Feels weird not adding anything almost daily, lol

Your chlorine additions should be relevant to your CYA level.

:lookhere: Chlorine/CYA chart

For a CYA of 50, you should target 6 and never fall below 4. Falling below 4 opens a window for algae to take hold. Put your target numbers and test numbers into the Pool Math calculator to find out how much chlorine it equals.

If you find that targeting 6 doesn't allow you to stay above 4 at all times then raise your target level to say 8.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.